185g softened butter
1 & 1/2 cups sugar(=225 g)
4 lightly beaten large eggs
3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind (rind from 2 lemons using the fine part of the grater)
1 & 1/2 cups flour (=225 g )
1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup light sour cream or 50:50 sour cream and natural unsweetened yoghurt. Or all yoghurt.
1. Cream butter and sugar until light, add eggs and lemon rind. Blend well.
2. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder alternately with sour cream. Mix gently until smooth and place in a well greased 21cm round spring form pan.
3. Bake at 160 degrees C until done (about 40 minutes, [or maybe an hour?]).
4. Leave cake in tin for a few minutes and then pour over glaze. Leave until cool and then remove from tin.
5. Serve with yoghurt, or whipped cream and a dash of lemon butter.
Juice of 2 lemons and 0.5 tablespoons sugar heated until sugar is dissolved.